ISE is excited to co-host a virtual event with Humanity United at this year’s Stockholm Forum on Peace and Development on the topic of “From a Human Security Crisis Towards an Environment of Peace.”
A subsistence farmer in rural Caquetá. April 2021, Caquetá. CRISISGROUP/Bram Ebus
Our session, “Durable Peace: Bridging Peace Agreements and Environmental and Economic Sustainability,” will explore how environmental provisions in peace agreements can set the stage for economic prosperity and ways for mediators, policymakers and activists to institutionalize the stewardship of public goods to achieve and sustain long-term peace. The event is free and open to the public but registration is required.
Durable Peace: Bridging Peace Agreements and Environmental and Economic Sustainability
May 24, 2022 | 11:45-12:45pm EST (Washington, D.C.) // 17:45-18:45 CEST (Stockholm)
- Carl Bruch, Senior Attorney & Director of International Programs, Environmental Law Institute
- Liz Alden Wily, Senior Fellow, Van Vollenhoven Institute of Law, Governance and Society, Leiden School of Law
- John Caulker, Executive Director, Fambul Tok
- Sergio Jaramillo Caro, Senior Advisor, European Institute of Peace
- Melanie Greenberg, Managing Director, Peacebuilding, Humanity United (co-moderator)
- Clare Lockhart, Director & Co-founder, Institute for State Effectiveness (co-moderator)
View a full agenda for the Forum.