Location: Online/Washington DC
ISE’s Data and Digital Team
The aims of the Data & Digital Team are deeply rooted in ISE’s broader vision of addressing systems and creating more effective channels between state and citizen. Data & Digital Team leverages ISE’s established expertise in state systems to deliver an approach to innovation distinct for the public sector. Through both research and operational assistance, the ISE Data & Digital Team supports governments in the following areas:
- Using data to enable new and innovative perspectives around policy planning and evaluations
- Developing decision-assist tools for reform leaders
- Promoting digital transformations that lead to a citizen-centered state
ISE’s Data Internship is open to undergraduate students and can be based in Washington, D.C. or online. The goal of this Internship Program is to offer successful candidates an opportunity to improve their skills, develop innovative tools and research, and build experience working in an international environment. The objective of the program is to work closely with the Data and Digital Team’s Lead, other members of ISE, academics, policy practitioners and government counterparts. ISE pays an hourly salary to all interns and interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. The period for the internship is 33 days with possible extension.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze socio-economic and government data to track reform planning and execution
- Develop new research, models and tools to sequence reforms and manage their implementation
- Promote new perspectives in policy planning and innovation
- Conduct research on data and digital transformation in government
- Build analysis and research on reform success and sustainability
- Examine the impact of external stakeholders, reform teams and internal leadership trends on reform
This Program seeks candidates in the following fields: International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Data Science and International Development. Candidates with experience in advanced excel, data visualizations, PowerBI, economic modeling, and public sector innovation are preferred.
No phone calls, please. Interviews are ongoing. We will accept applications until we fill the position.
ISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Institute for State Effectiveness, a Think (and Do) Tank that provides proven tools to help states deliver services to citizens through more accountable and effective governance, is looking for a research intern to join our team. All assignments given to the intern will add value both to ISE and to the intern’s development as a professional in the field. This is a great opportunity for anyone planning to begin a career in the international relations and development fields, gaining first-hand experience on how to identify global challenges and implement solutions